The Illinois Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association and Arlington International Racecourse April 29 signed a two-year contract that ensures Arlington's race meet will begin as scheduled May 6.
The Illinois Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association April 18 sued Arlington, the Illinois Racing Board, and a rival horsemen's group in an effort to block recognition of the organization as the bargaining agent for the summer meet at Arlington.
David McCaffrey, who has spent the past 25 years in leadership positions with the Illinois Harness Horsemen's Association, has been hired as executive director of the Illinois Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association.
Illinois racing interests say they had enough votes to pass a slots-at-tracks bill this week and some say they were sold out by measure's sponsor in the waning hours of the legislative session.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh