The Illinois Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association and Arlington International Racecourse April 29 signed a two-year contract that ensures Arlington's race meet will begin as scheduled May 6.
The Illinois Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association April 18 sued Arlington, the Illinois Racing Board, and a rival horsemen's group in an effort to block recognition of the organization as the bargaining agent for the summer meet at Arlington.
David McCaffrey, who has spent the past 25 years in leadership positions with the Illinois Harness Horsemen's Association, has been hired as executive director of the Illinois Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association.
Illinois racing interests say they had enough votes to pass a slots-at-tracks bill this week and some say they were sold out by measure's sponsor in the waning hours of the legislative session.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Hunt Overcomes Trouble to Win Eddie Read
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- John Henry, Phil Marino, and Early Cajun Days