The Illinois Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association and Arlington International Racecourse April 29 signed a two-year contract that ensures Arlington's race meet will begin as scheduled May 6.
The Illinois Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association April 18 sued Arlington, the Illinois Racing Board, and a rival horsemen's group in an effort to block recognition of the organization as the bargaining agent for the summer meet at Arlington.
David McCaffrey, who has spent the past 25 years in leadership positions with the Illinois Harness Horsemen's Association, has been hired as executive director of the Illinois Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association.
Illinois racing interests say they had enough votes to pass a slots-at-tracks bill this week and some say they were sold out by measure's sponsor in the waning hours of the legislative session.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen