The Illinois Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association and Arlington International Racecourse April 29 signed a two-year contract that ensures Arlington's race meet will begin as scheduled May 6.
The Illinois Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association April 18 sued Arlington, the Illinois Racing Board, and a rival horsemen's group in an effort to block recognition of the organization as the bargaining agent for the summer meet at Arlington.
David McCaffrey, who has spent the past 25 years in leadership positions with the Illinois Harness Horsemen's Association, has been hired as executive director of the Illinois Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association.
Illinois racing interests say they had enough votes to pass a slots-at-tracks bill this week and some say they were sold out by measure's sponsor in the waning hours of the legislative session.
Most Popular Stories
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image