In most years, the Emirates Melbourne Cup (Aust-I) occurs only three days after the Breeders' Cup World Championships, allowing the world's richest handicap race to stay fresh in the minds of American and European racing fans. This year, there are 10 days between the two events.
- By Scott Davis
A multi-national panel depicted the possibilities and potential pitfalls of international simulcasting at the International Simulcasting Conference in Bal Harbour, Fla., Sept. 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Ohio Steps Up in American Stakes
- Carina Mia Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer