In most years, the Emirates Melbourne Cup (Aust-I) occurs only three days after the Breeders' Cup World Championships, allowing the world's richest handicap race to stay fresh in the minds of American and European racing fans. This year, there are 10 days between the two events.
- By Scott Davis
A multi-national panel depicted the possibilities and potential pitfalls of international simulcasting at the International Simulcasting Conference in Bal Harbour, Fla., Sept. 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- Creative Cause Filly Sells for $575,000
- OBS April First Session Soars
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo