In most years, the Emirates Melbourne Cup (Aust-I) occurs only three days after the Breeders' Cup World Championships, allowing the world's richest handicap race to stay fresh in the minds of American and European racing fans. This year, there are 10 days between the two events.
- By Scott Davis
A multi-national panel depicted the possibilities and potential pitfalls of international simulcasting at the International Simulcasting Conference in Bal Harbour, Fla., Sept. 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Look Back: Master Derby Wins Louisiana Derby
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown