In most years, the Emirates Melbourne Cup (Aust-I) occurs only three days after the Breeders' Cup World Championships, allowing the world's richest handicap race to stay fresh in the minds of American and European racing fans. This year, there are 10 days between the two events.
A multi-national panel depicted the possibilities and potential pitfalls of international simulcasting at the International Simulcasting Conference in Bal Harbour, Fla., Sept. 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Sunset Glow Has Experience Edge in Debutante
- Road to the Kentucky Derby Schedule Announced
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends