Churchill Downs Racetrack announced March 31 that track superintendent David Lehr will retire from that post, effective May 31, and will be succeeded by assistant track superintendent James "Jamie" Richardson.
Daily purses were up 9.2% for Churchill Downs' weather-shortened fall meet, which concluded Nov. 30.
Following back-to-back cancellations because of a frozen racetrack, racing at Churchill Downs will resume Nov. 21 at 12:40 p.m. EST with its regularly scheduled 10-race program.
Unable to thaw its main track following a blast of winter weather, Churchill Downs has announced that it will cancel live racing for a second straight day Nov. 20.
After heavy rain overnight in Louisville, Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner California Chrome was out a bit earlier than usual the morning of May 10 for a routine gallop at Churchill Downs.
Churchill Downs has appointed David Lehr track superintendent and senior director of track surfaces, a post he will assume immediately.
Most Popular Stories
- Spendthrift Buys Breeding Rights to Palace
- Lovely Maria Out Rest of Year
- Wyoming to Shut Down Historical Racing Games
- Midlantic Sale Topped by Malibu Moon Filly
- Stellar Wind Fresh for Distaff
- Galileo Yearlings Top Tattersalls Opener
- Compromise Sought on KY Downs Dates Request
- Papa John's Pizza to Support Aftercare
- Woodford Stakes Grade Reinstated
- Innovation in Racing Not Without Obstacles