On the heels of a Breeders' Cup when they had a huge day, the Europeans do not seem to hold as strong a hand this year.
The English bookmaking operations were busy updating their odds Wednesday morning after the post-position draw was held for Saturday's Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships at Santa Anita.
The fans and punters in England are all rooting for Rock of Gibralter in the NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), but the betting shops sure aren't. Their biggest extension, by far, is on "the Rock."
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- The Curse of Haskin
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm