Paris Bikini, a 4-year-old daughter of Bernardini and a half sister to grade III winner America, was purchased by WinStar Farm for $425,000 at the Jan. 11 session of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale.
WinStar Farm said Dec. 23 it has promoted David Hanley to general manager at the Versailles, Ky., operation.
WinStar Farm has named David Hanley as director of development. Hanley will primarily work in the areas of client development and bloodstock development, both for the farm and racing stable.
Eric Mitchell discusses the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Sale with Kitty Taylor and David Hanley. David is presenting a Raven's Pass yearling this year. Sponsored by Taylor Made Sales. Watch Video
Fasig-Tipton's July select yearling sale ended with a bang instead of a whimper in Lexington, getting a boost from the progeny of the hot stallion Medaglia d'Oro. Even though the key business figures were down from the previous year, the final day produced the auction's highest price and results that were stronger than the opening day's statistics.
Despite registering across the board declines, the results of the 2008 Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July yearling sale, held July 14-15 at the sale company's Newtown Paddocks near Lexington, did not overly disappoint sale company officials.
Most Popular Stories
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- What's Going On Here: Beyond Imagination
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Arrogate and How We Define Greatness