Paced by a Holy Roman Emperor colt bought for the top price of $110,000 (US$112,610), the second session of the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale closed March 6 with increases in two primary economic indicators.
Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear Dec. 14 joined community leaders and executives of HFL Sport Science Inc. to celebrate the grand opening of the company's new laboratory in Lexington.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club extended a late invitation Nov. 25 to connections of Hawkes Bay to join a star-studded international lineup in the HK$14-million Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Vase (HKgr.I) at Sha Tin Racecourse Dec. 9.
If a comprehensive defeat at the hands of Sacred Kingdom yesterday dented David Hall's hopes for a repeat win in the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Sprint (HK-II) with Absolute Champion, the Australian horseman never let on.
Makybe Diva produced a stunning victory in the 143rd Melbourne Cup (Aust-I), landing more than $1 million (Australian funds) in winning bets for her South Australian-based owner Tony Santic.
Most Popular Stories
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- F-T Kentucky July Sale Catalogs 332 Yearlings
- Keen Ice Breezes Half-Mile for Belmont
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- McLaughlin: Frosted Has to Have 'A-Plus' Day
- What's Going On Here: Embracing Change
- Fairmount Sale Hinges on Approval for Slots