Paced by a Holy Roman Emperor colt bought for the top price of $110,000 (US$112,610), the second session of the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale closed March 6 with increases in two primary economic indicators.
Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear Dec. 14 joined community leaders and executives of HFL Sport Science Inc. to celebrate the grand opening of the company's new laboratory in Lexington.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club extended a late invitation Nov. 25 to connections of Hawkes Bay to join a star-studded international lineup in the HK$14-million Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Vase (HKgr.I) at Sha Tin Racecourse Dec. 9.
If a comprehensive defeat at the hands of Sacred Kingdom yesterday dented David Hall's hopes for a repeat win in the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Sprint (HK-II) with Absolute Champion, the Australian horseman never let on.
Makybe Diva produced a stunning victory in the 143rd Melbourne Cup (Aust-I), landing more than $1 million (Australian funds) in winning bets for her South Australian-based owner Tony Santic.
Most Popular Stories
- Live Chat - Friday, March 6 at NOON EST
- Compromise Possible for Racing in Virginia
- Convictions in Billion-Dollar Bookmaking Case
- Winter Weather Continues to Impact Racing
- Pedigree Analysis: Far From Over
- Scat Daddy Colt Tops Sale at F-T Florida
- Coffee Pot Brews a Good One in Carpe Diem
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Clubhouse Ride Retired to Stud in California
- Jockey Chapa Appeals Suspension, Fine