A look behind the scenes at some of the newsmakers during sale's first four days.
Rodman, a graded stakes winner for owner Barry K. Schwartz, has been retired from racing.
Sprint specialist Custom for Carlos, a three-time graded stakes winner, has been retired from racing to stand in 2012 at Clear Creek Stud near Folsom, La.
Peter Kerwin and trainer Eddie Kenneally's 33-1 longshot Mimi's Bling overhauled pacesetting Canadian Ballet in deep stretch to win the $100,000 Buffalo Trace Franklin County Stakes.
Barry Schwartz's Rodman took advantage of an unexpectedly easy lead and was never seriously challenged while romping to a 5 3/4-length score in the $107,500 Queens County Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct Dec. 12.
In his first ride at Tampa Bay Downs, Carlos Marquez brought Victory Alleged six wide into the lane to run down the leaders for a 28-1 surprise in the $142,500 Tampa Bay Stakes on the turf Dec. 21.
The first foal by undefeated champion and grade I winner Candy Ride was born Jan. 14 at David E. Hager II's Idle Hour Farm near Paris, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Welcome Home, Charismatic
- Global Symposium Explores Racing's Identity
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win
- Rouse Earns F. Ambrose Clark Award
- Fenton Named to Tattersalls Ireland Post
- Stakeholders Support Central Rule Making
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.