David Garvin, a Thoroughbred breeder and founder of the retail chain Camping World, died Aug. 30 in an accidental fall at his home on Ironwood Farm near Bowling Green, Ky. He was 71.
Rockamundo, who won the 1993 Arkansas Derby (gr. II) at 108-1 for owners Gary and Mary West, died Jan. 18 at age 23 because of complications from colic.
Odds-on Alec's Moon made easy work of the $82,700 Portland Meadows Oaks after steadying early, cruising to a 6 1/2-length victory with leading jockey Joe Crispin aboard for trainer Jerry Hollendorfer Jan. 29 in Oregon.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh