David Garvin, a Thoroughbred breeder and founder of the retail chain Camping World, died Aug. 30 in an accidental fall at his home on Ironwood Farm near Bowling Green, Ky. He was 71.
Rockamundo, who won the 1993 Arkansas Derby (gr. II) at 108-1 for owners Gary and Mary West, died Jan. 18 at age 23 because of complications from colic.
Odds-on Alec's Moon made easy work of the $82,700 Portland Meadows Oaks after steadying early, cruising to a 6 1/2-length victory with leading jockey Joe Crispin aboard for trainer Jerry Hollendorfer Jan. 29 in Oregon.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen