David Garvin, a Thoroughbred breeder and founder of the retail chain Camping World, died Aug. 30 in an accidental fall at his home on Ironwood Farm near Bowling Green, Ky. He was 71.
Rockamundo, who won the 1993 Arkansas Derby (gr. II) at 108-1 for owners Gary and Mary West, died Jan. 18 at age 23 because of complications from colic.
Odds-on Alec's Moon made easy work of the $82,700 Portland Meadows Oaks after steadying early, cruising to a 6 1/2-length victory with leading jockey Joe Crispin aboard for trainer Jerry Hollendorfer Jan. 29 in Oregon.
Most Popular Stories
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- Breeders Sales Co. Expects Strong Auction
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Divine Oath Needs Kent to Get Back on Track
- Study Compares Abdominal Bandage Pressure, Support
- Keeneland September Sale Gains Continue
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby