David Garvin, a Thoroughbred breeder and founder of the retail chain Camping World, died Aug. 30 in an accidental fall at his home on Ironwood Farm near Bowling Green, Ky. He was 71.
Rockamundo, who won the 1993 Arkansas Derby (gr. II) at 108-1 for owners Gary and Mary West, died Jan. 18 at age 23 because of complications from colic.
Odds-on Alec's Moon made easy work of the $82,700 Portland Meadows Oaks after steadying early, cruising to a 6 1/2-length victory with leading jockey Joe Crispin aboard for trainer Jerry Hollendorfer Jan. 29 in Oregon.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- New York Lawmakers Question Cuomo's NYRA Plans
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Lane to Join The National Stud as New Stud Manager
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow