Dance to Bristol ran her winning streak to seven races with her first grade I tally in the $500,000 Ballerina Stakes, staving off favored Book Review by a head with determination Aug. 23 at Saratoga Race Course.
Dance to Bristol danced to an easy victory in her first graded stakes attempt, the June 15 Bed o' Roses Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park, when she seized the lead just outside the eighth pole and prevailed by 2 3/4 lengths.
Dance to Bristol, giving the biggest effort of her career, waltzed to a nine-length romp in the $200,000 Sugar Maple Stakes at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races April 20.
David Garner's Cool Conductor, winner of the 2005 Dixie Handicap (gr. IIT) and Arlington Park Handicap (gr. IIIT) is sidelined while he recovers from surgery to remove a small bone chip.
Eight older horses will line up for recognition in Saturday's Arlington Handicap (gr. IIIT) over the lawn at the Chicago racetrack. Highweighted Cool Conductor, fourth in the July 2 United Nations Handicap (gr. IT) at Monmouth, carries a top impost of 120 pounds, but the Bobby Frankel-trained Cal-invader Vangelis--looking for his first North American stakes win--is the 2-1 morning line favorite.
Eclipse Award turf champion and a rising turf star turned in works at Churchill Downs in preparation for scheduled runs in the July 4 Firecracker Breeders' Cup (gr. II) at Churchill Downs.
Cool Conductor finished first in an optional claiming race but was disqualified to third on Kentucky Derby (gr. I) day at Churchill Downs. But on Preakness day,he stepped up and took the $200,000 CompUSA Dixie (gr. IIT), upsetting heavily favored Artie Schiller by a nose in a thrilling stretch duel.
Most Popular Stories
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Narniyn Seeks Breakthrough in Jean Romanet
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga