Da' Tara, who captured the 2008 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), brought $180,000 Nov. 16 during the ninth session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
The last horse in the auction ring Sunday brought the top price of $320,000 during the sixth session of Keeneland's September yearling sale in Central Kentucky. Robert V. LaPenta's Whitehorse Stables purchased the Thunder Gulch colt, with a member of LaPenta's buying team, David Foye, signing the sale ticket.
Graded stakes-placed Constant Demand, a full brother to Horse of the Year Charismatic, has arrived for stallion stud at Jay Adcock's Red River Farms near Coushatta, La.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- Bolo Back Home at Santa Anita for Thunder Road
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends