The Unwanted Horse Coalition has initiated a program called "Operation Gelding," which will provide funds and materials to assist groups seeking to sponsor clinics to which horse owners can bring stallions to be castrated.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association's Safety and Integrity Alliance has received a contribution of $15,000 from the American Association of Equine Practitioners.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association, Daily Racing Form, and the National Turf Writers Association Jan. 15 announced that the veterinary On Call media-assistance program of the American Association of Equine Practitioners has been honored with the 2008 Special Eclipse Award.
Three industry officials gave their views Thursday night on issues they expect will figure prominently in 2002. It came as no surprise the issues are medication, economics, and legislation.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru