The Unwanted Horse Coalition has initiated a program called "Operation Gelding," which will provide funds and materials to assist groups seeking to sponsor clinics to which horse owners can bring stallions to be castrated.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association's Safety and Integrity Alliance has received a contribution of $15,000 from the American Association of Equine Practitioners.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association, Daily Racing Form, and the National Turf Writers Association Jan. 15 announced that the veterinary On Call media-assistance program of the American Association of Equine Practitioners has been honored with the 2008 Special Eclipse Award.
Three industry officials gave their views Thursday night on issues they expect will figure prominently in 2002. It came as no surprise the issues are medication, economics, and legislation.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award