The Unwanted Horse Coalition has initiated a program called "Operation Gelding," which will provide funds and materials to assist groups seeking to sponsor clinics to which horse owners can bring stallions to be castrated.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association's Safety and Integrity Alliance has received a contribution of $15,000 from the American Association of Equine Practitioners.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association, Daily Racing Form, and the National Turf Writers Association Jan. 15 announced that the veterinary On Call media-assistance program of the American Association of Equine Practitioners has been honored with the 2008 Special Eclipse Award.
Three industry officials gave their views Thursday night on issues they expect will figure prominently in 2002. It came as no surprise the issues are medication, economics, and legislation.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Challenge a Lucrative Entry for Starters
- Can Calculator Figure in BC Juvenile?
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic