The Unwanted Horse Coalition has initiated a program called "Operation Gelding," which will provide funds and materials to assist groups seeking to sponsor clinics to which horse owners can bring stallions to be castrated.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association's Safety and Integrity Alliance has received a contribution of $15,000 from the American Association of Equine Practitioners.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association, Daily Racing Form, and the National Turf Writers Association Jan. 15 announced that the veterinary On Call media-assistance program of the American Association of Equine Practitioners has been honored with the 2008 Special Eclipse Award.
Three industry officials gave their views Thursday night on issues they expect will figure prominently in 2002. It came as no surprise the issues are medication, economics, and legislation.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity, Constitution Head Clark
- Indiana Trainer Facing Three-Year Suspension
- American Pharoah Touted in Derby Future Wager
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- Voting Open for Secretariat Vox Populi Award
- Millennium Releases Stallion Roster, Fees
- Penn National Postpones Big Wednesday Card
- TAA Accredits 19 Aftercare Organizations
- Old Friends Sets Open House for Silver Charm
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Chance in Clark