The Unwanted Horse Coalition has initiated a program called "Operation Gelding," which will provide funds and materials to assist groups seeking to sponsor clinics to which horse owners can bring stallions to be castrated.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association's Safety and Integrity Alliance has received a contribution of $15,000 from the American Association of Equine Practitioners.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association, Daily Racing Form, and the National Turf Writers Association Jan. 15 announced that the veterinary On Call media-assistance program of the American Association of Equine Practitioners has been honored with the 2008 Special Eclipse Award.
- By Tom LaMarra
Three industry officials gave their views Thursday night on issues they expect will figure prominently in 2002. It came as no surprise the issues are medication, economics, and legislation.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Catch a Glimpse Probable for Penn Mile
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever