The Unwanted Horse Coalition has initiated a program called "Operation Gelding," which will provide funds and materials to assist groups seeking to sponsor clinics to which horse owners can bring stallions to be castrated.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association's Safety and Integrity Alliance has received a contribution of $15,000 from the American Association of Equine Practitioners.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association, Daily Racing Form, and the National Turf Writers Association Jan. 15 announced that the veterinary On Call media-assistance program of the American Association of Equine Practitioners has been honored with the 2008 Special Eclipse Award.
- By Tom LaMarra
Three industry officials gave their views Thursday night on issues they expect will figure prominently in 2002. It came as no surprise the issues are medication, economics, and legislation.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- Raison d'Etat Gets First Winner