Mike Pegram's Icecoldbeeratreds broke alertly and was never headed in winning the $125,000 Graduation Stakes for 2-year-old California breds Wednesday in stakes-record time at Del Mar.
Congaree, a 4-year-old son of Arazi owned by Stonerside Stable, will be trying to snap a three-year stranglehold by trainer Robert Frankel on the San Diego Handicap at Del Mar on Sunday. At the same time he could give his trainer, Bob Baffert, his first victory in the event.
Jockey David Flores, who had been booked to ride Godolphin's Tempera in the Kentucky Oaks, will be riding for the powerful stable at Royal Ascot in June.
Trainer Aidan O'Brien continues his winning ways, scoring two more group I victories.
American jockey David Flores rode Godolphin Racing's Festival of Light to victory in the Godolphin Mile and American runner Caller One ran off with the Golden Shaheen (UAE-III) as part of Saturday's Dubai World Cup undercard. Flores, who later won the UAE Derby with Express Tour, said Festival of Light bobbled slightly at the start before recovering to take the lead in the stretch.
Over firm turf, Purely Cozzene led at every call of the $150,000 La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIIT) Saturday at Del Mar, completing the 1 1/16-mile race in 1:41.50 under David Flores.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014