The only drama in a half-mile breeze by likely Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) favorite Untapable came before the start of her work April 27 at Churchill Downs.
Winchell Thoroughbreds' homebred Tapit filly Untapable may surprise in the Nov. 2 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I).
Winchell Thoroughbreds, which has had success with offspring of the stallion Tapit, purchased one of his fillies for $300,000 during the July 12 Fasig-Tipton July yearling sale in Lexington.
Winchell Thoroughbreds' Tapizar has been taken off the Derby trail after a chip was discovered in his left knee following his disappointing fifth-place finish in the Robert B. Lewis Stakes (gr. II) at odds of 1-5 Feb. 12
Robert LaPenta jokingly discusses his Blue Grass Stakes strategy during a preview dinner at Keeneland April 10.
Wood Memorial (gr. I) winner Tapit had his first breeze Tuesday since withdrawing from the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), due to a recurrence of a lung ailment that has plagued him since the Florida Derby (gr. I).
The past performances certainly indicate that Smarty Jones should win the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) and become racing 12th Triple Crown winner. But then there is the X-factor, Tapit, who looks to be the unknown quantity that could turn the past performances upside down.
Owner Michael Gill's offer of $3 million for Winchell Thoroughbreds' classics hopeful Tapit was refused.
Pedigree Analysis for Fleet Renee
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash