Jockey Pedro Flores sustained a fractured right collarbone and bruising to his lower back in a spill in the fifth race at Golden Gate Fields Jan. 22.
What could have been a potential match race between
female titleholders One Fine Shweetie and Sharky's Review in Saturday's $60,000 Mamie Eisenhower Stakes became a gate-to-wire runaway for a third contender in the race, Only At Night.
Jockey Cindy Noll won the first race ever held at Prairie Meadows, and she's still going strong. Noll became Prairie Meadows' career riding leader when she won Sunday's first three races. That gave her 577 victories, two more than David Essman. She added to her lead with her 578th victory in Monday's ninth race.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score