Arabian Queen secured her first group I win in stunning fashion, edging Investec Derby (Eng-I) winner Golden Horn by a neck in the Juddmonte International Stakes (Eng-I) Wednesday, Aug. 19 at York.
- By Mark Popham
Book 3 of Tattersalls' October yearling sale finished in England Oct. 17 with a 10,389-guinea average price, down 33% from last year, and a 7,000-guinea median price, which represented a 36% decline. The 271 horses that sold (from 414 offered) grossed 2,815,300 guineas.
Champion European stayer Persian Punch died Wednesday of an apparent heart attack while making his 11-year-old debut in the Sagaro Stakes (Eng-III) at Ascot, according to The Racing Post.
Salford City won Saturday's Lane's End Greenham Stakes (Eng-III) for 3-year-olds at Newbury and became one of the early favorites for the 2,000 Guineas for new owner Michael Tabor.
Jockey Richard Quinn brought Indian Creek from last to get up in the final 100 yards of Saturday's Hardwicke Stakes (Eng-II) at Royal Ascot.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Catch a Glimpse Probable for Penn Mile
- Governor Malibu Has Strong Work for Belmont
- America's Galileo
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Lieblong New Chair for Arkansas Regulator
- Summit of Speed Preview Set for Gulfstream