Arabian Queen secured her first group I win in stunning fashion, edging Investec Derby (Eng-I) winner Golden Horn by a neck in the Juddmonte International Stakes (Eng-I) Wednesday, Aug. 19 at York.
- By Mark Popham
Book 3 of Tattersalls' October yearling sale finished in England Oct. 17 with a 10,389-guinea average price, down 33% from last year, and a 7,000-guinea median price, which represented a 36% decline. The 271 horses that sold (from 414 offered) grossed 2,815,300 guineas.
Champion European stayer Persian Punch died Wednesday of an apparent heart attack while making his 11-year-old debut in the Sagaro Stakes (Eng-III) at Ascot, according to The Racing Post.
Salford City won Saturday's Lane's End Greenham Stakes (Eng-III) for 3-year-olds at Newbury and became one of the early favorites for the 2,000 Guineas for new owner Michael Tabor.
Jockey Richard Quinn brought Indian Creek from last to get up in the final 100 yards of Saturday's Hardwicke Stakes (Eng-II) at Royal Ascot.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- Mexikoma to Stand at Keen Farms
- OBS Championship Stakes Fields Set