She'll Be Doggone, unbeaten in her two starts, bids for her first stakes win April 10 as the 5-2 morning line favorite in the $100,000 Comely Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Favored Porte Bonheur showed needed improvement in her second start of the year when she wore down Spritely in the final strides to post a nose victory in the $150,000 First Flight Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park June 28.
When Fox Hill Farms' Rick Porter acquired promising Argentine-bred Solar Flare last winter and sent him to trainer Larry Jones at Fair Grounds, there were high expectations. But as talented as the 4-year-old was, the son of Salt Lake arrived with issues to be worked out.
New York invader Porte Bonheur rallied on the inside to capture the $135,608 Ontario Fashion Stakes Nov. 2 at Woodbine.
Stud Muffin, a $35,000 claim back in March, came through on the biggest day of the year for New York-breds as he stormed to a 1 1/2-length victory in the $250,000 Empire Classic Handicap on New York Showcase Day Oct. 18 at Belmont Park.
Odds-on choice Indyanne missed the break, enabling upsetter Porte Bonheur to run her down mid-stretch en route to winning the $110,100 Victory Ride Stakes by a half-length at Saratoga Aug. 23.
Most Popular Stories
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Final Breeders' Cup Board Seats Filled
- Harris, Frazier Lead 2014 Washingon HOF Class
- Filly Taghrooda Takes Aim at Ascot History
- OBS Fall Sale to Include Horses of Racing Age
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Equineline 'Pedigree Binder' Now Available
- Global Gaming Almanac Set for July 28 Release
- Wednesday at Saratoga