Jockey David Cora, a leading rider on the Pennsylvania circuit, reached 2,000 victories in his North American career March 29 when he guided Raging Smoke to victory in the fifth race at Parx Racing.
A trio of veteran jockeys were injured in a pair of riding accidents on Monday, Jan. 24, at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course.
Locally-based claimer Cardashi scored a shocking 29-1 upset in the $200,000 Pennsylvania Governor's Cup Handicap when he ran down pacesetter Blue Sailor in mid-stretch and went on to win by 1 1/2 lengths Aug. 1 on the Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course turf.
Live racing returns Oct. 31 at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course after the racing track was closed in September amid alleged surface issues.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes