Jockey David Cora, a leading rider on the Pennsylvania circuit, reached 2,000 victories in his North American career March 29 when he guided Raging Smoke to victory in the fifth race at Parx Racing.
A trio of veteran jockeys were injured in a pair of riding accidents on Monday, Jan. 24, at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course.
Locally-based claimer Cardashi scored a shocking 29-1 upset in the $200,000 Pennsylvania Governor's Cup Handicap when he ran down pacesetter Blue Sailor in mid-stretch and went on to win by 1 1/2 lengths Aug. 1 on the Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course turf.
Live racing returns Oct. 31 at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course after the racing track was closed in September amid alleged surface issues.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- Upstart Fine After Haskell; Travers Next
- Injured Jockey Luzzi Cleared to Resume Riding
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Lea Tunes Up for Whitney in Workout
- World Approval, Night Prowler Seeking 'Fame'
- Haskin: Bronwen Healy's American Adventure
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut