Jockey David Cora, a leading rider on the Pennsylvania circuit, reached 2,000 victories in his North American career March 29 when he guided Raging Smoke to victory in the fifth race at Parx Racing.
A trio of veteran jockeys were injured in a pair of riding accidents on Monday, Jan. 24, at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course.
Locally-based claimer Cardashi scored a shocking 29-1 upset in the $200,000 Pennsylvania Governor's Cup Handicap when he ran down pacesetter Blue Sailor in mid-stretch and went on to win by 1 1/2 lengths Aug. 1 on the Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course turf.
Live racing returns Oct. 31 at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course after the racing track was closed in September amid alleged surface issues.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Grade I Winner Alterite to Arqana Sale
- Haskin: Time to Give Blame His Due
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Hillstar Shoots to Canadian International Win
- Colic: To Refer or Not to Refer
- Just The Judge Earns E. P. Taylor Verdict
- Untapable Tops Worktab Sunday at Santa Anita