Jockey David Cora, a leading rider on the Pennsylvania circuit, reached 2,000 victories in his North American career March 29 when he guided Raging Smoke to victory in the fifth race at Parx Racing.
A trio of veteran jockeys were injured in a pair of riding accidents on Monday, Jan. 24, at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course.
Locally-based claimer Cardashi scored a shocking 29-1 upset in the $200,000 Pennsylvania Governor's Cup Handicap when he ran down pacesetter Blue Sailor in mid-stretch and went on to win by 1 1/2 lengths Aug. 1 on the Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course turf.
Live racing returns Oct. 31 at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course after the racing track was closed in September amid alleged surface issues.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate