Rich Tapestry from Hong Kong isn't the only foreign runner headed for the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I). Wind Fire, a 3-year-old filly from England, will also try to defeat the best U.S. speedsters at six furlongs on dirt.
Trainer David Brown talks about a few of his horses running at Dubai, including Dubawi Sound. watch video
This year's Albany Law School Institute on Racing and Gaming Law devoted a full day to matters of equine health, focusing primarily on Thoroughbred retirement and aftercare.
Officials and horsemen at Finger Lakes Gaming & Racetrack are livid over a 12% purse cut they say was necessitated by the ongoing financial difficulties of New York City Off-Track Betting Corp.
It was another slow day at the 2008 Tattersalls December foal sale Nov. 26 in England. The 110 horses sold (from 199 offered) grossed 746,100 guineas, to average 6,783 guineas. The median was 4,000 guineas.
A fortnight after Doncaster's flagship St. Leger yearling sale in England, the South Yorkshire venue plays host to the two-day St. Leger Festival yearling sale on Sept. 10 and 11.
The British branch of the European Breeders' Fund has increased its contribution to prize money this year by 12.4% to £729,050. The amount is to be distributed among 380 races in Britain.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Pleasantly Perfect Sold to Stand in Turkey
- Eastern Fillies Top Good Field in Goldikova
- Smith Has Calming Influence on Tom's Tribute
- BC 2014: Shared Belief at Santa Anita
- BC, NBC Extend Media Rights Deal 10 Years
- TVG Offering Shared Belief Guaranteed Odds
- Lameness Knocks Magician Out of BC Turf
- Silver Charm Pensioned, Returning to Kentucky
- Free as a Bird Refuses to Fly, Out of Cup