Taste of Paradise, a grade I winner and second in the 2005 TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), will stand in 2012 at Ray and Kathy Paul's Fanlew Farm near Sarepta, La.
Jack B. Owens has been appointed to the board of directors of the Thoroughbred Owners of California to fill a vacancy created by the departure of David Bloom.
Grade I winner and millionaire Taste of Paradise, who came close to winning the TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) at Belmont Park, will enter stud at Pope McLean's Crestwood Farm near Lexington.
David B. Bloom's Taste of Paradise, winner of the Vosburgh Stakes (gr. I) and second, beaten a head, in the TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), has been retired after developing a small lesion on his left front leg, trainer Gary Mandella said Friday.
David Bloom's Taste of Paradise, the longest shot in the field at 26-1, gave trainer Gary Mandella his first graded stakes win by barely a nose over Watchem Smokey in the $100,000 Vernon O. Underwood (gr. III) at Hollywood Park Sunday.
Taste of Paradise, winner of the 2003 San Diego Handicap (gr. II), brought a Barretts Equine Ltd. January sale record price of $425,000 when purchased by David Bloom Monday during the first of two sessions at the sales company's Hinds Pavilion in Pomona, California.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment