Taste of Paradise, a grade I winner and second in the 2005 TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), will stand in 2012 at Ray and Kathy Paul's Fanlew Farm near Sarepta, La.
Jack B. Owens has been appointed to the board of directors of the Thoroughbred Owners of California to fill a vacancy created by the departure of David Bloom.
Grade I winner and millionaire Taste of Paradise, who came close to winning the TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) at Belmont Park, will enter stud at Pope McLean's Crestwood Farm near Lexington.
David B. Bloom's Taste of Paradise, winner of the Vosburgh Stakes (gr. I) and second, beaten a head, in the TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), has been retired after developing a small lesion on his left front leg, trainer Gary Mandella said Friday.
David Bloom's Taste of Paradise, the longest shot in the field at 26-1, gave trainer Gary Mandella his first graded stakes win by barely a nose over Watchem Smokey in the $100,000 Vernon O. Underwood (gr. III) at Hollywood Park Sunday.
Taste of Paradise, winner of the 2003 San Diego Handicap (gr. II), brought a Barretts Equine Ltd. January sale record price of $425,000 when purchased by David Bloom Monday during the first of two sessions at the sales company's Hinds Pavilion in Pomona, California.
Most Popular Stories
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Elliston Named Keeneland VP of Racing, Sales
- Pacific Overtures
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Blatz-Murff Joins TRF Board of Directors
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired