The Illinois Racing Board Aug. 14 took the first formal step toward creating rules for handling a potential dispute about which organization should formally represent horsemen at the state's tracks.
Trainer Chris Block was represented by his 1,000th winner Jan. 12 at Gulfstream Park, when 5-year-old All for Thee rallied through the stretch to score a hard-fought neck victory at odds of 12-1 in the second race of the day.
Askbut I Won'ttell switched off the hedge in upper stretch and ran down favored Kiss Mine and My Baby Baby to register her first graded stakes win in the $113,900 Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIIT) Nov. 7 at Churchill Downs.
Free Fighter seized the lead from Eagle Poise coming into the stretch and drew off in the lane to produce a determined upset at odds of 12-1 in the $113,800 Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs May 22.
Fort Prado lived up to his 4-5 favoritism in Saturday night's $193,000 Connally Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IIIT) at Sam Houston Race Park by winning his third consecutive stakes and second graded stakes of the year for owners Patricia, Ryan, and David Block.
Team Block's millionaire Mystery Giver, who finished 10th in Saturday's Arlington Million (gr. IT), was diagnosed with a non-life threatening injury to his right hind.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Parade at Del Mar
- Travers Overnight Rating Best Since 2004
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- Stellar Wind Dominant in Torrey Pines
- NY Fan Forum: Improve Customer Service
- Navarro Mulling BC Dirt Mile for Private Zone
- Valid Bounds Away to Iselin Victory