Altamira Racing Stable and David Bernsen's St. Joe Bay continued his scorching streak through the Southern California sprint ranks with a game victory in the $200,000 Palos Verdes Stakes (G2) Feb. 4 at Santa Anita Park.
Typhoon Hub, a tote services company based in Sydney, Australia, announced that it commenced commingling with the Hong Kong Jockey Club Horse Race Betting Limited March 16.
Australians Kevin and Colleen Bamford and American David Bernsen have purchased a substantial interest of recent Hollywood Derby (gr. IT) winner Unbridled Command and plan to race in Australia's Cox Plate in October.
- By Tom LaMarra
Proponents of computer-assisted wagering sought Sept. 21 to dispel what they say are misconceptions -- and they also offered some advice to the struggling pari-mutuel industry.
The 18th International Simulcast Conference in Clearwater Beach, Fla., will feature discussion among representatives of some of the North American pari-mutuel industry's largest computer players.
American distance specialist Tacit Agreement, a winner of three straight stakes races at Calder in his last three starts by more than 31 combined lengths, has been purchased privately and will ship to Australia to prepare for the 2007 US$4.2 million Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) on Nov. 6.
For the first time in racing history, an American racehorse, Honor In War, is coming to Australia to contest the W.S. Cox Plate (Aus-I) on Oct. 28 at Moonee Valley in Victoria.
Grade I-winning turf miler Nothing to Lose has been purchased for stallion duty by Walter Alteri's Newlands Thoroughbreds from Ken and Sarah Ramsey.
Grade II winner Mud Route has been purchased by David Bernsen's Carondelet Farm, but will remain at stud at Rick Taylor's Special T Thoroughbreds near Temecula, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds
- Canterbury Park Tweaks September Race Schedule
- Durkin to Lead Personalized Tours of Hall of Fame