The Harrisburg Starter Handicap Series, a mainstay of the Pennsylvania racing program more than three decades ago, is returning to the racing calendar at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course.
David Bailey, a veteran racing official with more than 27 years on the job, has been named the new race secretary at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course.
Grade II winner Worldly Manner, who was purchased privately by Godolphin in the fall of his 2-year-old season in 1998, died April 26 from a heart attack while covering a mare in Texas.
David F. Bailey has been appointed assistant race secretary at Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course.
The Florida Derby (gr. I) will once again be run five weeks prior to the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), one year after Barbaro silenced those critical of using the event as a final prep for the Run for the Roses.
Gulfstream Park, currently undergoing a major reconstruction, will have a one-mile chute on its dirt track when its 2005 racing season gets under way Jan. 3. The 86-day meet runs through April 24.
Gulfstream Park announced a record number of Early Bird nominations for the March 13 Florida Derby (gr. I). There are already 160 horses nominated to the $1 million Kentucky Derby (gr. I) prep.
David F. Bailey has been named the year-round director of racing and racing secretary at Gulfstream Park after holding the positions on a seasonal basis since last year. Bailey resigned as racing secretary at Arlington Park earlier this week.
David Bailey, racing secretary at Arlington Park, already is at his desk at the South Florida track putting together a condition book.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint
- Honorable Duty Holds Strong in Mineshaft Handicap
- Convey Edges Out Winter Derby Victory
- Albin Jimenez Rides 1,000th Winner