In what jockey Xavier Perez called a wild ride, Spicer Cub bolted twice but kept running 'between the parked starting gate and the outside rail' to just miss winning the final race April 13 at Pimlico Race Course.
The Maryland racing community lost one of its most prominent members when award-winning journalist and racing historian Joseph B. Kelly passed away Nov. 26 after a short battle with cancer. He was 94.
Announcers from racetracks across the United States, one from Canada, and one future racecaller, will participate in the 2002 All-Star Announcers Day at Arlington Park on Friday, the day before the Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships.
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Digging Deeper into BC Lasix Study
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach
- Rice Plots Spots for Palace; Gravesend Next
- Bill Strauss Elected to Serve on TOC Board
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY