Forty-six Thoroughbreds that wound up on a feedlot in Phoenix, Ariz., are on their way to being rescued, according to the president of a Southern California horse retirement farm who has spearheaded the effort to save the animals.
A large-scale Southern California horse breeder, who gave away 40 Thoroughbred broodmares and six stallions in an effort to cull his stock, says he never intended for those horses to wind up at a Phoenix, Ariz., ranch awaiting sale at a feedlot and an uncertain future.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Handle Decreased 26% at Monmouth Park in 2016
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation