Forty-six Thoroughbreds that wound up on a feedlot in Phoenix, Ariz., are on their way to being rescued, according to the president of a Southern California horse retirement farm who has spearheaded the effort to save the animals.
A large-scale Southern California horse breeder, who gave away 40 Thoroughbred broodmares and six stallions in an effort to cull his stock, says he never intended for those horses to wind up at a Phoenix, Ariz., ranch awaiting sale at a feedlot and an uncertain future.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady
- King Kranz Holds Royal Edge in Amsterdam