Forty-six Thoroughbreds that wound up on a feedlot in Phoenix, Ariz., are on their way to being rescued, according to the president of a Southern California horse retirement farm who has spearheaded the effort to save the animals.
A large-scale Southern California horse breeder, who gave away 40 Thoroughbred broodmares and six stallions in an effort to cull his stock, says he never intended for those horses to wind up at a Phoenix, Ariz., ranch awaiting sale at a feedlot and an uncertain future.
Most Popular Stories
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin