Pari-mutuel clerks in California said they are experiencing numerous problems with the state's tote system machinery and are concerned with the racing board's consideration of eliminating a four-second cancellation delay that gives them a last-gasp chance to correct a mistake.
California regulators decided Feb. 20 that they will hold off on considering a cutoff of wagering at post time from betting through the Lewiston, Maine simulcast hub, which processes wagers for rebating giant Racing and Gaming Services.
California Horse Racing Board commissioners Alan Landsburg and John Harris were appointed to form an ad hoc committee to examine efforts in the state to market horseracing.
Fairplex Park will remain open without interruption as a racing and training center at least through October and possibly year-around under a funding agreement announced Thursday at the monthly meeting of the California Horse Racing Board at Golden Gate Fields.
Most Popular Stories
- Casse Cues Up Sam F. Davis Wildcard
- 'Conversation' Back in NorCal for El Camino
- Legends: Rachel Alexandra, Filly for the Ages
- Birdatthewire Heads Santa Maria Field
- Taking Shergar
- Sandiva Tries Dirt in Royal Delta
- Rafting Set for 2016 Debut in Sam F. Davis
- Young Turf Trio Tries Obviously in Arcadia
- Dominguez Ruled Eligible for Hall of Fame
- Tepin Set for Season Debut in Endeavour