California breeders and the state's entire racing industry could not find a better horse to carry the brand. Or a better name to increase their visibility.
From the time he was a foal at Harris Farms in California's Central Valley, California Chrome made sure people noticed him. With his flashy markings, the chestnut colt was easy to spot, but he seemed to seek out attention.
Dual grade I winner Thorn Song was represented by his first foal at John Harris' farm near Coalinga, Calif., on March 5.
Sci Fin Kin, dam of grade II winner Pretty Unusual, tops the Jan. 23 Barretts January mixed sale. The auction's average rises 14.2% over last year's figure.
Cee's Tizzy, sire of two-time Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner and major sire Tiznow, has been pensioned from stallion duty at John C. Harris' Harris Farms near Coalinga, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- The Week in Photos for 7/29/2014
- WGOH: Patience Is Shah's Virtue
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss