California breeders and the state's entire racing industry could not find a better horse to carry the brand. Or a better name to increase their visibility.
From the time he was a foal at Harris Farms in California's Central Valley, California Chrome made sure people noticed him. With his flashy markings, the chestnut colt was easy to spot, but he seemed to seek out attention.
Dual grade I winner Thorn Song was represented by his first foal at John Harris' farm near Coalinga, Calif., on March 5.
Sci Fin Kin, dam of grade II winner Pretty Unusual, tops the Jan. 23 Barretts January mixed sale. The auction's average rises 14.2% over last year's figure.
Cee's Tizzy, sire of two-time Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner and major sire Tiznow, has been pensioned from stallion duty at John C. Harris' Harris Farms near Coalinga, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Jones Fillies Drill for Kentucky Oaks
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires
- KY Derby: Zayats & Baffert - American Pharoah
- Blazing Speed Wins QE II Cup in Hong Kong
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- No Catching Cinco Charlie in William Walker