California breeders and the state's entire racing industry could not find a better horse to carry the brand. Or a better name to increase their visibility.
From the time he was a foal at Harris Farms in California's Central Valley, California Chrome made sure people noticed him. With his flashy markings, the chestnut colt was easy to spot, but he seemed to seek out attention.
Dual grade I winner Thorn Song was represented by his first foal at John Harris' farm near Coalinga, Calif., on March 5.
Sci Fin Kin, dam of grade II winner Pretty Unusual, tops the Jan. 23 Barretts January mixed sale. The auction's average rises 14.2% over last year's figure.
Cee's Tizzy, sire of two-time Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner and major sire Tiznow, has been pensioned from stallion duty at John C. Harris' Harris Farms near Coalinga, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- French Derby Duo Face Off at Longchamp
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Analysis
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap
- 'Power' Pair Square Off in July Cup