California breeders and the state's entire racing industry could not find a better horse to carry the brand. Or a better name to increase their visibility.
From the time he was a foal at Harris Farms in California's Central Valley, California Chrome made sure people noticed him. With his flashy markings, the chestnut colt was easy to spot, but he seemed to seek out attention.
Dual grade I winner Thorn Song was represented by his first foal at John Harris' farm near Coalinga, Calif., on March 5.
Sci Fin Kin, dam of grade II winner Pretty Unusual, tops the Jan. 23 Barretts January mixed sale. The auction's average rises 14.2% over last year's figure.
Cee's Tizzy, sire of two-time Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner and major sire Tiznow, has been pensioned from stallion duty at John C. Harris' Harris Farms near Coalinga, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Brockton Fair Invites Suffolk Downs Horsemen
- Keeneland September continues steady progress
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- MGC Offers Help for Displaced Suffolk Workers
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released