Handicapper Dave LItfin's analysis of the 2016 Breeders' Cup World Championships at Santa Anita
Managing the sloppy conditions expected for five graded stakes Oct. 1 at Belmont Park.
Analysis of the Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II) and Cotillion (gr. I) card.
The spotlight is on our neighbors to the North this Saturday as Tepin returns in the Ricoh Woodbine Mile (Can-IT). The undisputed "Queen of the Turf" takes on seven older males in the Sept. 17 event, the last of four graded stakes on a 12-race card.
Everyone is going through Saratoga Race Course withdrawal, but thankfully there is the wonderful spectacle of Kentucky Downs to ease the transition from summer to fall.
After a parade of dangerous storms tore through town and put a damper on everyone's best laid plans last Saturday, the silver lining is a grade I doubleheader of the Alabama Stakes and a redrawn Fourstardave Handicap Aug. 20 at Saratoga Race Course.
Saratoga's 2016 meet will begin by featuring 2-year-olds and turf races.
The Stars and Stripes Festival, part of the July 9 Belmont Park card, features two grade I turf races and three other graded stakes races, and is expected to feature Effinex and Catch a Glimpse.
Veteran handicapper Dave Litfin dives into the July 2 Mother Goose (gr. I) at Belmont Park; his selections include Rachel's Valentina and Off the Tracks.
The National Museum of Racing's 9th annual Countdown to the Triple Crown program will take place at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 24.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- John Ortiz Earns First Training Win