Two California racetracks have announced cutbacks in their live racing schedules effective the week of Jan. 25.
For the first time in four years, the Thoroughbreds are coming back to Cal Expo.
The California State Fair in Sacramento kicks off its live Thoroughbred meet Aug. 25, and this year will feature a special Aug. 27 doubleheader with programs in the afternoon and evening.
Signaling changes to come, the Bay Meadows Land Company submitted a separate proposal for the 2005 racing schedule in the northern half of the state to the California Horse Racing Board dates committee Thursday.
Purses will go up in Nothern California beginning with the California State Fair meet Aug. 21, and the Bay Meadows meet Aug. 30.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Euro Exchange Tops Finale at OBS Winter Sale
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Upstart is Uplifting for Joanne Nielsen
- Majestic Affair, Lindisfarne Win at Laurel
- 82 Supplements to F-T Winter Mixed Sale
- Soumillon Scores Group II Double at Meydan
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- New Zealand Yearling Sale Continues Strong