Two California racetracks have announced cutbacks in their live racing schedules effective the week of Jan. 25.
For the first time in four years, the Thoroughbreds are coming back to Cal Expo.
The California State Fair in Sacramento kicks off its live Thoroughbred meet Aug. 25, and this year will feature a special Aug. 27 doubleheader with programs in the afternoon and evening.
Signaling changes to come, the Bay Meadows Land Company submitted a separate proposal for the 2005 racing schedule in the northern half of the state to the California Horse Racing Board dates committee Thursday.
Purses will go up in Nothern California beginning with the California State Fair meet Aug. 21, and the Bay Meadows meet Aug. 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Genuine Reward to Old Friends
- Delaware Park Latest Track to Boot Vazquez
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- Presque Isle Alters Post Time to Combat Deer
- Tough Field Drawn for Penny Memorial at Parx
- Homecoming Classic Renamed to Honor Lukas
- Dept. of Labor Files Suit Against Asmussen
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- Summer Select Sales Guide: In the Details