Two California racetracks have announced cutbacks in their live racing schedules effective the week of Jan. 25.
For the first time in four years, the Thoroughbreds are coming back to Cal Expo.
The California State Fair in Sacramento kicks off its live Thoroughbred meet Aug. 25, and this year will feature a special Aug. 27 doubleheader with programs in the afternoon and evening.
- By Jack Shinar
Signaling changes to come, the Bay Meadows Land Company submitted a separate proposal for the 2005 racing schedule in the northern half of the state to the California Horse Racing Board dates committee Thursday.
Purses will go up in Nothern California beginning with the California State Fair meet Aug. 21, and the Bay Meadows meet Aug. 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale