Hall of Fame jockey Julie Krone stole the show Saturday during the Claiming Crown series at Canterbury Park, winning the two biggest races of the day aboard Image in the $118,250 Emerald Stakes and on Daunting in the $141,000 Jewel.
Nelson Bunker Hunt's Piensa Sonando kicked home in the final furlong under the spirited urging of ageless rider Laffit Pincay Jr. to nip Fleetstreet Dancer by a nose in the $100,000 Native Diver Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- New York Lawmakers Question Cuomo's NYRA Plans
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Lane to Join The National Stud as New Stud Manager
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow