The grade I winner is a son of hot sire War Front out of a stakes-winning mare.
Data Link notched his second straight graded stakes victory in his 2013 debut when he got up late and prevailed by a length over Joes Blazing Aaron in the Feb. 23 Canadian Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream Park.
Data Link shipped in from New York for trainer Shug McGaughey and carted off the $250,000 Citation Handicap (gr. IIT) at Betfair Hollywood Park with an impressive late turn of foot Nov. 23.
A day after winning the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), jockey John Velazquez teamed with odds-on Data Link to produce a victory in the $200,000 Monmouth Stakes (gr. IIT) on the turf at the New Jersey track June 10.
Stuart Janney III's homebred Data Link came from off the pace to run down favored Turallure in the final jumps, capturing the $300,000 Maker's 46 Mile (gr. IT) at odds of 12-1 April 13 at Keeneland.
Racing regulators in New York are set to release a comprehensive database, searchable by the public, of every equine death over the past three years at New York racetracks.
Officials with the Equine Injury Database are seeking support from owners and trainers to start voluntarily reporting injuries to Thoroughbreds during training hours.
- By Tom LaMarra
A preliminary analysis of equine injury data over a one-year period shows 2.04 fatal injuries in Thoroughbreds per 1,000 starts, The Jockey Club said March 23.
Keeneland, whose fall meet begins Oct. 3, is launching a "PolyCapping" online database to provide more information for handicappers.
Mario Pino and the chestnut mare Undercover overwhelmed a small band of four rival Maryland-bred fillies and mares in Saturday's $75,000 Maryland Racing Media Handicap at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Works, Set for San Antonio
- Hoppertunity Confirmed for San Antonio Start
- California Chrome Picks Up Cal-Bred Awards
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes