The "inside man" in the Breeders' Cup Ultra Pick 6 betting scam was sentenced March 20 2003, to a year and a day--the least amount of jail time for the three fraternity brothers involved in the case.
The scheme by three former fraternity brothers to fix the $3.1-million Ultra Pick Six payoff on the 2002 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Racing Championships will be featured on national television tonight, Monday, Jan. 19.
Sentencing for all three former Drexel University fraternity brothers convicted in the Breeders' Cup Ultra Pick 6 scandal will take place March 11 in United States District Court in the Southern District of New York.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- Compound Pharmacy Has Reinforced Standards
- Vergara Wins Inaugural Apprentice Competition
- Maryland THA Elects 15 Directors
- Travers Favorite Bayern Arrives at Saratoga
- King's Bishop: Coup de Grace vs. Wildcat Red
- Heated Rivalry Rekindled in Del Mar Handicap
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne