The "inside man" in the Breeders' Cup Ultra Pick 6 betting scam was sentenced March 20 2003, to a year and a day--the least amount of jail time for the three fraternity brothers involved in the case.
The scheme by three former fraternity brothers to fix the $3.1-million Ultra Pick Six payoff on the 2002 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Racing Championships will be featured on national television tonight, Monday, Jan. 19.
Sentencing for all three former Drexel University fraternity brothers convicted in the Breeders' Cup Ultra Pick 6 scandal will take place March 11 in United States District Court in the Southern District of New York.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale