The "inside man" in the Breeders' Cup Ultra Pick 6 betting scam was sentenced March 20 2003, to a year and a day--the least amount of jail time for the three fraternity brothers involved in the case.
The scheme by three former fraternity brothers to fix the $3.1-million Ultra Pick Six payoff on the 2002 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Racing Championships will be featured on national television tonight, Monday, Jan. 19.
Sentencing for all three former Drexel University fraternity brothers convicted in the Breeders' Cup Ultra Pick 6 scandal will take place March 11 in United States District Court in the Southern District of New York.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Speechify Goes for Grade in Mr. Prospector
- 13 for Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship
- Clement Trio Looms Large in La Prevoyante
- Divine Oath, North Slope Meet in McKnight
- Danon Platina Captures Asahi Hai Futurity
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Trainer James DiVito Collects 1,000th Win
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist