Though her breeding wouldn't suggest it, Worstcasescenario has shown best-case sprinting ability, winning her two starts to date by a combined margin of 10 lengths, including an upset victory in Saratoga's Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) one month ago. Trainer Richard Violette hopes his unbeaten daughter of Forbidden Apple can do it again in the $250,000 Matron Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park Sept. 19.
Worstcasescenario enjoyed a best-case trip with jockey Alan Garcia to spring a 13-1 surprise in the $150,000 Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 19.
One month after her impressive second-place effort in the Schuylerville (gr. III) at Saratoga, Peter Callahan's Beautician is back for another shot in the $150,000 Adirondack (gr. II) on Aug. 19.
California vintner Jess Jackson has privately acquired the Medaglia d'Oro filly Dashing Debby, who won her career debut, the July 11 J J'sdream Stakes at Calder Race Course, in commanding fashion by 10 1/4 lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- California Chrome Named Champion Older Dirt Male
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Still in Tune, Songbird Earns Second Straight Eclipse
- Champagne Room Earns Toast as Champion 2-Year-Old Filly
- Arrogate, Flintshire Power Juddmonte to Owner Eclipse
- Big-Race Drefong Named Champion Male Sprinter