Ken and Sarah Ramsey's Gung Ho, a 20-1 shot in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IT), was scratched out of the race Nov. 3, opening a position in the starting gate that will now be filled by Tequila Factor.
Jordy Y breezed over the Keeneland turf course on Oct. 25 with Larry Melancon aboard.
Odds-on choice Dixie Band remained undefeated in three starts when he won the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) by 1 3/4 lengths at Arlington Park Sept. 5.
Injustice, bought privately last month for a reported $165,000 by Darrell and Evelyn Yates and turned over to Chicago-based trainer Wayne Catalano, paid an immediate dividend by winning the $175,000 Azeri Breeders' Cup (gr. III) gate to wire before a sun-baked crowd of 22,087 Saturday at Oaklawn Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Cigar Mile Stakes Card Fields Taking Shape
- Median Rises at Goffs Breeding Stock Opener
- JJ and Anna and Their Long Journey Together
- Indiana Reports Multiple Medication Sanctions
- Wild Again Still Impacting the Breeders' Cup
- Suffolk Eyes Simulcast License for Next Year
- Broadcaster Edwards to Emcee Eclipse Awards
- AHC: Impact of Immigration Order Unclear
- Moore, Ortiz Line Up for HK Jockey Battle
- Monmouth, Atlantic City Granted 2015 Dates