Irish-bred Chinchon, making just his second start in the U.S., showed an explosive turn of foot in the stretch and came from off the pace to capture the $760,000 United Nations Stakes (gr. IT) July 3 at Monmouth Park.
Laying just off the pace for three-quarters, 5-year-old Istan exploded at the top of the stretch and pulled away to win by 8 resounding lengths in the $200,000 Ack Ack Handicap (gr. III) at Churchill Downs Nov. 3.
Odds-on choice Istan, a one-mile specialist from trainer Bill Mott's huge stable, was the easiest of winners in the $100,000 Turfway Park Fall Championship (gr. III) over the Polytrack Sept. 8.
Most Popular Stories
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Fourth Washington Park for Mister Marti Gras
- OH Thoroughbred Tracks Seek 293 Dates in 2015
- Plesa Hoping to Get Lucky in Woodward
- Tribal Rule Yearlings Top Washington Sale
- Road to the Kentucky Derby Schedule Announced
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Oklahoma-Bred Supplements Up 10% at Remington