Grade I winner Silver Wagon will enter stud for 2008 at Hurricane Hall near Lexington, it was announced Dec. 18.
A colt by Darn That Alarm sizzled three furlongs in :33 2/5 Wednesday to post the fastest work at the distance during the first session of the under tack show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s spring sale of 2-year-olds in training.
In the March 7 Louisiana Derby (gr. II) at Fair Grounds, Wimbledon served notice that he was a 3-year-old to be reckoned with by registering an impressive 2 1/4-length win. That win solidified what trainer Bob Baffert had said since the son of Wild Rush joined his stable last year as a juvenile. This colt has the pure talent to outrun his pedigree and tackle the Visa Triple Crown Challenge.
The ownership of Meadowbrook of Ocala Jockey Club contemplated the end of its commercial stallion operation May 8 while state fire officials completed their on-site investigation of the May 6 blaze that destroyed the farm's stallion barn and killed five resident sires.
Investigators did not release any findings May 7 from the fire that destroyed the stallion barn and killed five sires at Meadowbrook Farm of the Ocala Jockey Club May 6.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al