Zayat Stables was named the TOBA national owner of the year during its 31st annual awards ceremony Sept. 10 at Stonestreet Farm near Lexington.
Team Valor International CEO Barry Irwin and trainer Dale Romans are among the scheduled participants in an April 17 panel discussion hosted by the University of Kentucky's Horse Racing Club.
The Race Track Chaplaincy's New York division has teamed up with Darley USA, a group of local breeders and owners, and a concerned group of Saratoga residents to bring some Christmas joy to approximately 100 people connected to the backstretch community at Saratoga Race Course.
Dan Pride, the new executive vice president and chief operating officer of Fasig-Tipton, is going back to his auction roots in the Thoroughbred industry.
The Jockey Club has announced the election of two new members: James "Jimmy" Bell and W. Cothran "Cot" Campbell.
The Darley Stud of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum has purchased the breeding rights to Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Street Sense, according to a report.
James G. "Jimmy" Bell was elected to Keeneland's Board of Directors at the corporation's semi-annual meeting April 18. He is the president of Darley USA and the son of John A. Bell III, a longtime Keeneland board member who died in February.
As Darley's presence in the United States expands, so has their management team, according to a release issued June 1. Jimmy Bell, president of Darley USA is racing manager; Dan Pride is now chief operation officer; and Charlie Boden has been appointed to Pride's previous position as stallion nominations manager.
Offlee Wild, winner of the Suburban Handicap (gr. I), has been purchased by Darley and will stand at Jonabell Farm in Lexington, Ky. in 2006, at the end of his racing career.
Most Popular Stories
- A Look Back at Gallant Fox's Arlington Classic
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million