After standing the 2013 breeding season in Japan, 2007 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Street Sense will return to the United States in 2014, Darley announced Sept. 6.
WinStar Farm has appointed Darren Fox, formerly of Darley America, as the new stallion seasons director.
Wende Stone Bell, 56, wife of Darley America president Jimmy Bell, passed away peacefully May 9 at home surrounded by her family.
Several industry groups, including 13 prominent breeding farms in Kentucky, have developed plans to provide funds beginning in 2013 to support the Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance.
Conor Foley of Darley America has announced he will leave the operation to open Oracle Bloodstock, an agency whose product mix will include stallion acquisitions, yearling selection, and private bloodstock acquisitions.
1994 Horse of the Year and successful stallion Holy Bull, who counts 2005 Kentucky Derby winner Giacomo among his progeny, has been pensioned and will retire at Sheikh Mohammed's Jonabell Farm, Darley announced July 7.
Olly Tait, the chief operating officer of Sheikh Mohammed's Darley America, will relocate to Newmarket, England, this summer.
He plans to build a one-mile training track on the property, which is located approximately six miles from the Aiken Training Track.
Darley America has announced that Fabricio Buffolo is to join its nominations team.
Most Popular Stories
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- TOBA November Member of the Month
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- The Handicapping Show: CashCall Futurity
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- TOBA Ownership Webcasts
- R Free Roll Aims to Tumble Sugar Swirl Rivals
- CA Stakes Winner Gig Harbor to Victory Rose