A Quality Road colt consigned by CandyLand, agent, was purchased by Bortolazzo Stables for $250,000 to top the Sept. 30 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic fall yearling sale in Timonium, Md.
Safely Kept, a champion sprinter and Breeders' Cup winner on the racetrack and later a multiple stakes producer, has been pensioned from broodmare duties.
Oratory, a grade II winner, sired his first winner when his son Work for a Cure won June 5 at Colonial Downs.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale got off to a rip-roaring start Monday in Maryland, with increases of 44.9% in gross revenue, 29.0% in average price, and 50.0% in median price.
Most Popular Stories
- Maiden No More, Laoban Stuns Jim Dandy Rivals
- A. P. Indian Outduels Holy Boss in Vanderbilt
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- Pennsylvania Sanctions Trainer Preciado
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam
- China Group to Build Caribbean Resort, Track
- BH 100: Summer Saturdays