A Quality Road colt consigned by CandyLand, agent, was purchased by Bortolazzo Stables for $250,000 to top the Sept. 30 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic fall yearling sale in Timonium, Md.
Safely Kept, a champion sprinter and Breeders' Cup winner on the racetrack and later a multiple stakes producer, has been pensioned from broodmare duties.
Oratory, a grade II winner, sired his first winner when his son Work for a Cure won June 5 at Colonial Downs.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale got off to a rip-roaring start Monday in Maryland, with increases of 44.9% in gross revenue, 29.0% in average price, and 50.0% in median price.
Most Popular Stories
- Sisterly Love Scores Doubledogdare Upset
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Speightstown Colt Works Quick Quarter at OBS
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Indiana Grand Racing & Casino Begins New Era
- Churchill Derby, Oaks Security Plan Released
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- A Case for Full Siblings
- Oaklawn Posts Double-Digit Handle Gains
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer