A Quality Road colt consigned by CandyLand, agent, was purchased by Bortolazzo Stables for $250,000 to top the Sept. 30 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic fall yearling sale in Timonium, Md.
Safely Kept, a champion sprinter and Breeders' Cup winner on the racetrack and later a multiple stakes producer, has been pensioned from broodmare duties.
Oratory, a grade II winner, sired his first winner when his son Work for a Cure won June 5 at Colonial Downs.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale got off to a rip-roaring start Monday in Maryland, with increases of 44.9% in gross revenue, 29.0% in average price, and 50.0% in median price.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- Chasing Landaluce
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points