A Quality Road colt consigned by CandyLand, agent, was purchased by Bortolazzo Stables for $250,000 to top the Sept. 30 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic fall yearling sale in Timonium, Md.
Safely Kept, a champion sprinter and Breeders' Cup winner on the racetrack and later a multiple stakes producer, has been pensioned from broodmare duties.
Oratory, a grade II winner, sired his first winner when his son Work for a Cure won June 5 at Colonial Downs.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Eastern fall yearling sale got off to a rip-roaring start Monday in Maryland, with increases of 44.9% in gross revenue, 29.0% in average price, and 50.0% in median price.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm