A colt by last year's leading European freshman sire, Lope de Vega, secured the spotlight during the third session of the Goffs November foal sale Nov. 18 in County Kildare, Ireland.
Kevin Warner's Quiet Force, a sharp $40,000 claim in March 2014, comes from just off the pace to win the Arlington Handicap (gr. IIIT). The son of Dynaformer will likely start in next month's Arlington Million (gr. IT)
Del Mar Thoroughbred Club reported a record crowd of 44,907 for the July 22 season opener, exceeding the previous all-time record crowd of 44,181 set in 1996 when Dare and Go upset Cigar in the Pacific Classic (gr. I).
Another stakes race at Gulfstream Park meant another big price for bettors Sunday when San Dare, ridden by Mark Guidry, stormed home at 11-1 in the $100,000 Honey Fox Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Barr H. Inman's Delicatessa, dismissed as a longshot in early projections and sure to be overlooked in the wagering, will be making her grass debut in Saturday's Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old distaffers at 1 1/8 mile over the Arlington Park lawn.
Millionaire Dare and Go, who ended Cigar's 16-race win streak in the 1996 Pacific Classic Stakes (gr. I), has died in Australia, according to a representative at Dr. William Solomon's Pin Oak Lane Farm.
Millionaire Dare and Go, who ended Cigar's 16-race win streak, will stand the 2002 season at Dr. William Solomon's Pin Oak Lane Farm near New Freedom, Pa.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh