A colt by last year's leading European freshman sire, Lope de Vega, secured the spotlight during the third session of the Goffs November foal sale Nov. 18 in County Kildare, Ireland.
Kevin Warner's Quiet Force, a sharp $40,000 claim in March 2014, comes from just off the pace to win the Arlington Handicap (gr. IIIT). The son of Dynaformer will likely start in next month's Arlington Million (gr. IT)
Del Mar Thoroughbred Club reported a record crowd of 44,907 for the July 22 season opener, exceeding the previous all-time record crowd of 44,181 set in 1996 when Dare and Go upset Cigar in the Pacific Classic (gr. I).
Another stakes race at Gulfstream Park meant another big price for bettors Sunday when San Dare, ridden by Mark Guidry, stormed home at 11-1 in the $100,000 Honey Fox Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Barr H. Inman's Delicatessa, dismissed as a longshot in early projections and sure to be overlooked in the wagering, will be making her grass debut in Saturday's Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old distaffers at 1 1/8 mile over the Arlington Park lawn.
Millionaire Dare and Go, who ended Cigar's 16-race win streak in the 1996 Pacific Classic Stakes (gr. I), has died in Australia, according to a representative at Dr. William Solomon's Pin Oak Lane Farm.
Millionaire Dare and Go, who ended Cigar's 16-race win streak, will stand the 2002 season at Dr. William Solomon's Pin Oak Lane Farm near New Freedom, Pa.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Belvoir Bay Makes the Grade in Torrey Pines
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- War Front Gets 50th Black-Type Winner
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Romero Rides First Winner at Indiana Grand
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby