In an effort to drive field size and reward horsemen, Monmouth Park has announced participation bonus programs for its 57-day meet that runs from May 10-Sept. 28.
Monmouth Park concluded its 61-day racing season Oct. 6 with across-the-board gains in attendance, on-track wagering, and simulcast handle.
Monmouth Park kicked off its 68th season of Thoroughbred racing May 11 with an enthusiastic crowd of 9,636 on hand despite monsoon-like weather. The New Jersey track reported a hefty increase in handle over last year.
Sportech Racing, a division of Sportech PLC, announced it has entered into an agreement with Darby Development, manager and operator of Monmouth Park, to provide pari-mutuel wagering technology and services to the track.
Meadowlands Racetrack has canceled live racing Oct. 19 after heavy rains throughout the night and early morning in northern New Jersey and with rain in the forecast throughout the afternoon.
Monmouth Park registered gains in average daily attendance but declines in pari-mutuel handle for its 65-day meet, officials said Oct. 7, closing day of the meet.
An official with Monmouth Park has reportedly said the New Jersey track was not selected to host the 2013 Breeders' Cup World Championships but is continuing to pursue hosting the event in 2014.
Blue skies and balmy temperatures greeted a new era at Monmouth Park May 12 when the track opened its 67th season of Thoroughbred racing with increases in attendance and wagering over last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Cloud Scapes Carries On to Hillsborough Score
- Fiorente Proves Best in Australian Cup
- Vercingetorix Co-Stars on Super Saturday
- Prince Bishop Makes Strong Meydan Statement
- Silent Achiever, Vespa Win in New Zealand
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists