Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner Buzzards Bay was purchased by Gary and Wendy Broad for $725,000 Monday at the conclusion of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky yearling sale in Lexington, Ky.
- By Ron Mitchell
With Darby Dan Bloodstock acting on his behalf, casino industry veteran Stanley Fulton purchased an Unbridled's Song colt for $850,000 to top Keeneland's April 2-year-olds in training sale Tuesday.
Canadian-bred Suborned was purchased $70,000 to Darby Dan Bloodstock to top the second and final session of the Barretts January mixed sale Wednesday in Southern California. The largest-ever January sale conducted by Barretts resulted in decreases in the gross, average, and median prices.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- Champion Tepin Works at Churchill Downs
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Tourist, Celestine Work at Keeneland
- Not This Time Works at Churchill Downs
- War Front's Mosler to Country Life Farm