Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner Buzzards Bay was purchased by Gary and Wendy Broad for $725,000 Monday at the conclusion of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky yearling sale in Lexington, Ky.
- By Ron Mitchell
With Darby Dan Bloodstock acting on his behalf, casino industry veteran Stanley Fulton purchased an Unbridled's Song colt for $850,000 to top Keeneland's April 2-year-olds in training sale Tuesday.
Canadian-bred Suborned was purchased $70,000 to Darby Dan Bloodstock to top the second and final session of the Barretts January mixed sale Wednesday in Southern California. The largest-ever January sale conducted by Barretts resulted in decreases in the gross, average, and median prices.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup