Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner Buzzards Bay was purchased by Gary and Wendy Broad for $725,000 Monday at the conclusion of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky yearling sale in Lexington, Ky.
- By Ron Mitchell
With Darby Dan Bloodstock acting on his behalf, casino industry veteran Stanley Fulton purchased an Unbridled's Song colt for $850,000 to top Keeneland's April 2-year-olds in training sale Tuesday.
Canadian-bred Suborned was purchased $70,000 to Darby Dan Bloodstock to top the second and final session of the Barretts January mixed sale Wednesday in Southern California. The largest-ever January sale conducted by Barretts resulted in decreases in the gross, average, and median prices.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Trainer Brown Captures 1,000th Win
- CHRB Member Calls for Trainer 'Profiling'
- A.P. Indian Puts Streak On Line in Forego