Randall Zeller, a partner in Kentucky-based Dapple Bloodstock and Dapple Stud, died unexpectedly Feb. 27 in New York City.
Glencrest Farm and Dapple Stable's graded stakes winner Necessary Evil suffered an injury while finishing unplaced in the Sept. 5 Darley Debutante Stakes (gr. I) at Del Mar.
The Keeneland September yearling sale kept rocking along Monday as the trickle-down theory associated with the lengthy auction continued to be proven right on target.
Hall of Fame trainer Bill Mott was on hand Jan. 17 to oversee workouts by many of his top Gulfstream Park-based horses including Dapple Stables' Stockholder, who is being pointing toward the $1-million Ocala Breeders' Sales Classic, the highlight of the Jan. 29 Sunshine Millions program.
Most Popular Stories
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- A Closer Look at Smarty Jones Winner Uncontested
- Cuomo Plan Asks New York Racing to Pay for Drug Testing
- Cuomo Proposes Returning NYRA to Private Control
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Cautious Giant Brings Top Price at Barretts Mixed Sale
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario