Valid Expectations, Texas' all-time leading stallion, has died at the age of 22. The son of Valid Appeal was retired from stud duty at William S. Farish's Lane's End Texas in 2013 and had been pensioned in Kentucky.
Multiple grade I winner Congaree will stand the 2016 breeding season at William S. Farish's Lane's End Texas near Hempstead, according to the Texas Thoroughbred Association.
Rose Mary Chandler, owner/breeder of 2011 Texas Horse of the Year Skip a Smile, and the owners and breeders of five other Texas-bred divisional champions were honored by the Texas Thoroughbred Association.
With fewer horses offered, the Fasig-Tipton Texas sale of 2-year-olds in training at Lone Star Park Tuesday resulted in increases in average and median prices but a higher buyback rate.
Fasig-Tipton closed out its selling year on a high note, with across-the-board increases at its Texas mixed auction Sunday at Lone Star Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Streaking A. P. Indian Tops Vosburgh
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile