Valid Expectations, Texas' all-time leading stallion, has died at the age of 22. The son of Valid Appeal was retired from stud duty at William S. Farish's Lane's End Texas in 2013 and had been pensioned in Kentucky.
Multiple grade I winner Congaree will stand the 2016 breeding season at William S. Farish's Lane's End Texas near Hempstead, according to the Texas Thoroughbred Association.
Rose Mary Chandler, owner/breeder of 2011 Texas Horse of the Year Skip a Smile, and the owners and breeders of five other Texas-bred divisional champions were honored by the Texas Thoroughbred Association.
With fewer horses offered, the Fasig-Tipton Texas sale of 2-year-olds in training at Lone Star Park Tuesday resulted in increases in average and median prices but a higher buyback rate.
Fasig-Tipton closed out its selling year on a high note, with across-the-board increases at its Texas mixed auction Sunday at Lone Star Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year