Rose Mary Chandler, owner/breeder of 2011 Texas Horse of the Year Skip a Smile, and the owners and breeders of five other Texas-bred divisional champions were honored by the Texas Thoroughbred Association.
With fewer horses offered, the Fasig-Tipton Texas sale of 2-year-olds in training at Lone Star Park Tuesday resulted in increases in average and median prices but a higher buyback rate.
Fasig-Tipton closed out its selling year on a high note, with across-the-board increases at its Texas mixed auction Sunday at Lone Star Park.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Touted in Derby Future Wager
- Indiana Trainer Facing Three-Year Suspension
- Penn National Postpones Big Wednesday Card
- Voting Open for Secretariat Vox Populi Award
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- Millennium Releases Stallion Roster, Fees
- The Week in Photos for 11/29/2014
- Old Friends Sets Open House for Silver Charm
- What's Going On Here: Going National
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Chance in Clark