Rose Mary Chandler, owner/breeder of 2011 Texas Horse of the Year Skip a Smile, and the owners and breeders of five other Texas-bred divisional champions were honored by the Texas Thoroughbred Association.
With fewer horses offered, the Fasig-Tipton Texas sale of 2-year-olds in training at Lone Star Park Tuesday resulted in increases in average and median prices but a higher buyback rate.
Fasig-Tipton closed out its selling year on a high note, with across-the-board increases at its Texas mixed auction Sunday at Lone Star Park.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Jogs One Mile at Churchill
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Secretariat's Birthplace Named 'Historic'
- Woodbine Plans Events to Send Off Loiselle
- Grade I Winner Molly Morgan Retired
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Star-Studded Group Nominated for Los Al Derby
- Commentary: Saving, Not Destroying the House
- Groupie Doll's First Foal's Homecoming