Two of the best jockeys in Australia were outridden by Danny Nikolic, who stole the show on rank outsider Rubiscent in the Underwood Stakes (gr. I) at Caulfield Sept. 22.
Australia's sole representative Mummify denied the proven international performer Phoenix Reach Sunday night to win the $1.8 million Singapore Airlines International Cup (Sng-I) in a thrilling finish. Unfortunately, American challenger Star Over The Bay broke down during the race and was euthanized.
Slew O'Gold grandson Spark of Life collected the opening group I of the Australian season Sept. 11 with a wire-to-wire victory in the Manikato Stakes (Aust-I).
Three-time Australian group I winner Mummify and Godolphin Racing's star Mamool head a field of 24 entered in Tuesday's $2.83 million Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) over two miles at Flemington racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards