Two of the best jockeys in Australia were outridden by Danny Nikolic, who stole the show on rank outsider Rubiscent in the Underwood Stakes (gr. I) at Caulfield Sept. 22.
Australia's sole representative Mummify denied the proven international performer Phoenix Reach Sunday night to win the $1.8 million Singapore Airlines International Cup (Sng-I) in a thrilling finish. Unfortunately, American challenger Star Over The Bay broke down during the race and was euthanized.
Slew O'Gold grandson Spark of Life collected the opening group I of the Australian season Sept. 11 with a wire-to-wire victory in the Manikato Stakes (Aust-I).
Three-time Australian group I winner Mummify and Godolphin Racing's star Mamool head a field of 24 entered in Tuesday's $2.83 million Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) over two miles at Flemington racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective
- Nyquist to Work in Afternoon at Santa Anita