Two of the best jockeys in Australia were outridden by Danny Nikolic, who stole the show on rank outsider Rubiscent in the Underwood Stakes (gr. I) at Caulfield Sept. 22.
Australia's sole representative Mummify denied the proven international performer Phoenix Reach Sunday night to win the $1.8 million Singapore Airlines International Cup (Sng-I) in a thrilling finish. Unfortunately, American challenger Star Over The Bay broke down during the race and was euthanized.
Slew O'Gold grandson Spark of Life collected the opening group I of the Australian season Sept. 11 with a wire-to-wire victory in the Manikato Stakes (Aust-I).
Three-time Australian group I winner Mummify and Godolphin Racing's star Mamool head a field of 24 entered in Tuesday's $2.83 million Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) over two miles at Flemington racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Khozan Injured, Off Kentucky Derby Trail
- Jockey Chapa's Fine Increased to $100,000
- California Chrome 'Tight Enough' for Dubai
- Toast of New York Out of Dubai World Cup
- At Santa Anita, Prat Delivers at a Price
- American Pharoah Adds Another Bullet Work
- Ike Walker Rules South Mississippi at FG
- Live Chat - Friday, March 6 at NOON EST
- Belardo, Hootenanny Among Guineas Nominees
- Winter Weather Continues to Impact Racing