Two of the best jockeys in Australia were outridden by Danny Nikolic, who stole the show on rank outsider Rubiscent in the Underwood Stakes (gr. I) at Caulfield Sept. 22.
Australia's sole representative Mummify denied the proven international performer Phoenix Reach Sunday night to win the $1.8 million Singapore Airlines International Cup (Sng-I) in a thrilling finish. Unfortunately, American challenger Star Over The Bay broke down during the race and was euthanized.
Slew O'Gold grandson Spark of Life collected the opening group I of the Australian season Sept. 11 with a wire-to-wire victory in the Manikato Stakes (Aust-I).
Three-time Australian group I winner Mummify and Godolphin Racing's star Mamool head a field of 24 entered in Tuesday's $2.83 million Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) over two miles at Flemington racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Arrogate and How We Define Greatness
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Tumblebrutus Gets 25th Black-Type Winner