Two of the best jockeys in Australia were outridden by Danny Nikolic, who stole the show on rank outsider Rubiscent in the Underwood Stakes (gr. I) at Caulfield Sept. 22.
Australia's sole representative Mummify denied the proven international performer Phoenix Reach Sunday night to win the $1.8 million Singapore Airlines International Cup (Sng-I) in a thrilling finish. Unfortunately, American challenger Star Over The Bay broke down during the race and was euthanized.
Slew O'Gold grandson Spark of Life collected the opening group I of the Australian season Sept. 11 with a wire-to-wire victory in the Manikato Stakes (Aust-I).
Three-time Australian group I winner Mummify and Godolphin Racing's star Mamool head a field of 24 entered in Tuesday's $2.83 million Melbourne Cup (Aus-I) over two miles at Flemington racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night