Three-time leading Monmouth Park jockey Elvis Trujillo will be headed back to the New Jersey track May 30, relocating from Southern California, where he's been riding full-time for about a year.
- By Claire Novak
The agent for Rene Douglas, the jockey cleared to ride by Gulfstream Park on Jan. 26 after a six-week ban by authorities, says he still doesn't know what's going on but is ready to "start the ball rolling again."
With less than one week remaining until the start of the 2007 racing season, officials at Gulfstream Park said they would not grant access to the 10 jockeys banned from other tracks this month.
- By Claire Novak
Alex Beitia became the 10th jockey known to be denied access to a U.S. racetrack this month when Philadelphia Park officials cited an ongoing investigation and barred him from working there for an indefinite period.
Jockey Rene Douglas was barred from the grounds at Calder Race Course Dec. 15, though he wasn't notified of the reason for the ban, said the jockey's agent, Danny Mellul.
Jockey Jorge Chavez has returned to New York, but remains sidelined from racing due to a broken collarbone sustained in an accident at Calder on January 2.
Jockey Joe Bravo was released from Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, Florida on Jan. 10 after a six-day stay for observation following a racing accident at Gulfstream Park.
Veteran jockey Joe Bravo was thrown to the track when his mount broke down on the far turn in the second race on opening-day Wednesday at Gulfstream Park. Bravo was transported to Hollywood Memorial Hospital complaining of back pain.
Jockey Joe Bravo broke a vertebra in his mid-back as a result of a riding spill in the ninth race on Thursday night at the Meadowlands.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes