A Texas-bred daughter of Too Much Bling was purchased by Danny Keene for $95,000 to top the Texas 2-year-olds in training sale conducted by the Texas Thoroughbred Association April 4 at Lone Star Park.
Despite rainy weather, Lone Star Park registered increased attendance and total on-track wagering at its spring Thoroughbred meet, although all-sources handle declined 3.1% to $67.6 million.
Total handle for the recently concluded 32-day Thoroughbred meet at Sam Houston Race Park increased more than 15% to $51,258,598 in 2015 compared with the 2014 meet, as average daily handle improved a fourth straight year.
Jockey David Cabrera started the Lone Star Park meet as an apprentice rider and finished as a journeyman with a stand-leading total of 65 wins as the Texas track's 18th spring meet came to an end July 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires
- Ortiz Lands 1,000th Win in John Morrisey
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- A Longshot in the Vanderbilt Handicap
- Birdatthewire Targets Molly Pitcher Stakes
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended