A Texas-bred daughter of Too Much Bling was purchased by Danny Keene for $95,000 to top the Texas 2-year-olds in training sale conducted by the Texas Thoroughbred Association April 4 at Lone Star Park.
Despite rainy weather, Lone Star Park registered increased attendance and total on-track wagering at its spring Thoroughbred meet, although all-sources handle declined 3.1% to $67.6 million.
Total handle for the recently concluded 32-day Thoroughbred meet at Sam Houston Race Park increased more than 15% to $51,258,598 in 2015 compared with the 2014 meet, as average daily handle improved a fourth straight year.
Jockey David Cabrera started the Lone Star Park meet as an apprentice rider and finished as a journeyman with a stand-leading total of 65 wins as the Texas track's 18th spring meet came to an end July 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx