A Texas-bred daughter of Too Much Bling was purchased by Danny Keene for $95,000 to top the Texas 2-year-olds in training sale conducted by the Texas Thoroughbred Association April 4 at Lone Star Park.
Despite rainy weather, Lone Star Park registered increased attendance and total on-track wagering at its spring Thoroughbred meet, although all-sources handle declined 3.1% to $67.6 million.
Total handle for the recently concluded 32-day Thoroughbred meet at Sam Houston Race Park increased more than 15% to $51,258,598 in 2015 compared with the 2014 meet, as average daily handle improved a fourth straight year.
Jockey David Cabrera started the Lone Star Park meet as an apprentice rider and finished as a journeyman with a stand-leading total of 65 wins as the Texas track's 18th spring meet came to an end July 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud
- Positive Start to Fasig-Tipton October Sale