Strait of Dover, whose career has taken off since arriving in trainer Daniel Vella's barn at Woodbine, emerged as an early Queen's Plate favorite with his 6 1/2-length romp in the $156,206 Marine Stakes May 12.
Field Commission, back in the winner's circle three weeks ago after returning to Woodbine's Polytrack, is among a tough group of sprinters entered for the $150,000 Kennedy Road Stakes (Can-III) Nov. 20.
Field Commission, fast-closing winner of the Nearctic Stakes (Can-IIT) on the Woodbine lawn last month, takes on Polytrack specialist El Brujo in the $150,000 Kennedy Road Stakes (Can-III) at the Toronto track Nov. 21.
Field Commission found room at the top of the lane and took over approaching the sixteenth-pole on his way to a 1 1/2-length victory in the $500,000 Nearctic Stakes (Can-II) Oct. 17 on the Woodbine turf.
Polytrack seems to be to the liking of Edward Seltzer's Verdana Bold, as the 3-year-old filly won for the second time in as many starts on the synthetic surface, this time in the $259,300 Selene Stakes (Can-III) May 18 at Woodbine.
Like a Gem ran her winning streak to three races in the US$219,564 Maple Leaf Nov. 10 while spoiling the Woodbine debut of Western Canada invader Monashee, who was looking for her 12th consecutive win.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 1