Earle I. Mack, who led the push for pending auction reform legislation in Florida, has come out in support of a strong policy statement recently released by the Thoroughbred Owners of California regarding horse sales.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders' Association held its annual board and member meetings Aug. 8 at the Gideon Putnam Hotel in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Prospective investors in the multi-billion dollar Thoroughbred industry can now get a "leg up" with the launch of The Racing Game, a re-branded partnership of the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association, Keeneland Association and Blood-Horse Publications.
Proposed Kentucky legislation that sparked controversy in the Thoroughbred auction community was tabled Feb. 14 after a compromise was reached between the bill's backers and several entities related to the commonwealth's signature industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies