Earle I. Mack, who led the push for pending auction reform legislation in Florida, has come out in support of a strong policy statement recently released by the Thoroughbred Owners of California regarding horse sales.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders' Association held its annual board and member meetings Aug. 8 at the Gideon Putnam Hotel in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Prospective investors in the multi-billion dollar Thoroughbred industry can now get a "leg up" with the launch of The Racing Game, a re-branded partnership of the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association, Keeneland Association and Blood-Horse Publications.
Proposed Kentucky legislation that sparked controversy in the Thoroughbred auction community was tabled Feb. 14 after a compromise was reached between the bill's backers and several entities related to the commonwealth's signature industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- The Curse of Haskin
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm