Earle I. Mack, who led the push for pending auction reform legislation in Florida, has come out in support of a strong policy statement recently released by the Thoroughbred Owners of California regarding horse sales.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders' Association held its annual board and member meetings Aug. 8 at the Gideon Putnam Hotel in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Prospective investors in the multi-billion dollar Thoroughbred industry can now get a "leg up" with the launch of The Racing Game, a re-branded partnership of the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association, Keeneland Association and Blood-Horse Publications.
Proposed Kentucky legislation that sparked controversy in the Thoroughbred auction community was tabled Feb. 14 after a compromise was reached between the bill's backers and several entities related to the commonwealth's signature industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- Del Mar Critics Speak Out at CHRB Meeting
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Veitch's Suspension Sent Back to KHRC
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- American Dirt Records a Thing of the Past