Daniel Dougherty's classic-placed Ride On Curlin returns to the races Nov. 26 in search of his first stakes win in the $60,000 Thanksgiving Handicap at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots.
G. Watts Humphrey Jr., who bred Ride On Curlin with his late mother, is the breeder of 1985 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Creme Fraiche. A win in the June 7 Belmont could provide him with a classic double.
Daniel Dougherty's Ride On Curlin, runner-up to California Chrome in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), stretched his legs June 1 with a seven-furlong breeze under exercise rider Bryan Beccia at Belmont Park.
Trainer Billy Gowan supervised the final major preparations of Arkansas Derby (gr. I) runner-up Ride On Curlin on April 27, sending the Curlin colt through seven furlongs in 1:29 at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Phipps, Gaines, Winn Named 2017 Pillars of the Turf
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Laurel Stakes Schedule Features $1.6 Million in Purses
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- Phipps Family to Receive Inaugural Dinny Phipps Award
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off