G. Watts Humphrey Jr., who bred Ride On Curlin with his late mother, is the breeder of 1985 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Creme Fraiche. A win in the June 7 Belmont could provide him with a classic double.
Daniel Dougherty's Ride On Curlin, runner-up to California Chrome in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), stretched his legs June 1 with a seven-furlong breeze under exercise rider Bryan Beccia at Belmont Park.
Trainer Billy Gowan supervised the final major preparations of Arkansas Derby (gr. I) runner-up Ride On Curlin on April 27, sending the Curlin colt through seven furlongs in 1:29 at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish Surf Runs Away in Cougar II Marathon
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup
- Lochte Looks to Regain Form in Oceanport