Daniel Dougherty's classic-placed Ride On Curlin returns to the races Nov. 26 in search of his first stakes win in the $60,000 Thanksgiving Handicap at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots.
G. Watts Humphrey Jr., who bred Ride On Curlin with his late mother, is the breeder of 1985 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Creme Fraiche. A win in the June 7 Belmont could provide him with a classic double.
Daniel Dougherty's Ride On Curlin, runner-up to California Chrome in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), stretched his legs June 1 with a seven-furlong breeze under exercise rider Bryan Beccia at Belmont Park.
Trainer Billy Gowan supervised the final major preparations of Arkansas Derby (gr. I) runner-up Ride On Curlin on April 27, sending the Curlin colt through seven furlongs in 1:29 at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Stormy Liberal Wins Third Straight Stakes