Daniel Dougherty's classic-placed Ride On Curlin returns to the races Nov. 26 in search of his first stakes win in the $60,000 Thanksgiving Handicap at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots.
G. Watts Humphrey Jr., who bred Ride On Curlin with his late mother, is the breeder of 1985 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Creme Fraiche. A win in the June 7 Belmont could provide him with a classic double.
Daniel Dougherty's Ride On Curlin, runner-up to California Chrome in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), stretched his legs June 1 with a seven-furlong breeze under exercise rider Bryan Beccia at Belmont Park.
Trainer Billy Gowan supervised the final major preparations of Arkansas Derby (gr. I) runner-up Ride On Curlin on April 27, sending the Curlin colt through seven furlongs in 1:29 at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture