Victoria's BMW Caulfield Cup (Aus-I) had been in the plans for Fawkner for nearly a year, and the 6-year-old Reset gelding sprung a long-sought win Oct. 19 for owners Lloyd and Nick Williams.
Shuttle and former shuttle stallions achieved a 75% success rate in group I races in Australia April 16, accounting for three of the four winners.
During another weekend when Danehill posthumously expanded his list of grade/group I winning offspring -- with Juddmonte Farm's Light Jig in the Yellow Ribbon and Susan Magnier's Oratorio in the Prix Jean-Luc Lagardere -- a trio of his sons, Redoute's Choice, Desert King and Danewin produced group I winners in Sydney Oct 2.
As if to punctuate Danehill's first English Derby (Eng-I) win with North Light almost a week earlier, his first generation son Danewin gained his second Queensland Derby (Aust-I) success on June 12.
Dare To Win, a winning 6-year-old gelding by Danewin, brought the top price of $17,000 (approximately $10,312 in U.S. funds) Friday during the William Inglis & Son Easter Thoroughbred mixed sale at Newmarket in Australia.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Chasing Landaluce
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points